Below you’ll find the full recording from the recent TOC Webcast, “What Publishers Need to Know about Digitization,” with Liza Daly.
About this Webcast:
No prior experience with digitization is assumed in this overview of the conversion process. Topics covered include:
- What’s XML and do you need it?
- What’s the cost-benefit analysis versus PDF or other formats?
- What should you consider when selecting a vendor?
- Should you use a centralized platform or go on your own?
- How can you monetize your digital offerings?
Running time: 1:12
About Liza Daly:
Liza Daly is a consultant and software engineer serving the publishing industry. She has been developing web applications for more than ten years and has been a lead engineer on major XML-driven online products for Oxford University Press, Columbia University Press, O’Reilly Media and other publishers. Currently she is an independent
consultant and the founder of Threepress, developer of the Bookworm EPUB e-reading application. She writes frequently for several blogs related to publishing and technology and is on the advisory board for the Web 2.0 Expo NYC 2008 and O’Reilly Tools of Change 2009 conferences.