This year at TOC, we’re hosting our first ever Publishing Startup Showcase. Highlighting the startup ecosystem’s creativity and variety, the Showcase will give you a chance to get your company in front of a global community of leaders in the publishing and technology industries — as well as potential investors.
On Tuesday evening, February 15th, we’ll have approximately 20 publishing and publishing-related startups demoing in one large room. If your company is chosen to participate, we’ll provide you with a small table and room for two people to demo — you’ll bring a laptop (or two) and a founder (or two).
TOC attendees and a panel of judges from the investor community will have 50 minutes to visit the demos and listen to your pitches. We’ll sound a chime every five minutes, letting people know it’s time to circulate. As they walk around, attendees will vote on their favorite demos. At the end of the hour, the judges will announce their top picks, along with the audience favorite. These winning startups will then each give a pitch and have an on-stage conversation with the judges.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Relatively young publishing (and publishing-related) startups that aren’t drowning in investment (yet)
- Companies incorporating new technologies and/or innovative business models in their approach to publishing.
If you’re selected:
- You’ll supply your own laptop for the demos (we won’t provide power, so we recommend bringing two laptops)
- Wireless Internet access will be available, so web-based demos are okay.
- You’ll bring a maximum of two people (at least one of whom must be a founder or C-level equivalent)
- The week prior to the event, you’ll supply us with a presentation of 2-4 slides that includes screenshots for your onstage pitch in case you are selected
- You’ll receive a complementary TOC Day Pass that will get you into all of Tuesday’s keynotes, sessions, and events.