We’re giving our readers a chance to get to know our TOC Startup Showcase Finalists a little bit better before the big showdown in NYC. We’re featuring the startups with a personality profile here on our website.
I’m really good at …
From experience we understand what it really takes to make things work and we work as a team. We understand that if people won’t pay money for it then it is not a business. We are great at launching products, taking in data and changing course quickly until we find the right path.
What is the first thing that people notice about you?
Our high level of engagement and the degree of imagination we use in solving problems. And that we are really nice and easy to work with.
The three things your friends say you are…
- Levering existing (but not always obvious) efficiencies to drive the cost out of creating complex things.
- Creating a new way of looking at and discovering things from the past that may have been forgotten.
- Building a platform that thrives on change and adaptation.
What are you most passionate about?
- Leveling the playing field – Letting a small town library deliver a patron media experience that is as good as Apple or Amazon.
- Sustainability – Create revenue streams for ongoing digitization of cultural and historical materials.
What is the one thing that people don’t notice about you right away that you wish they would?
The immense scale of roles and activities we have consolidated onto a single platform.
Your best (and most sincere) VC pickup line reduced to the length of a tweet…
We are debt-free, have been profitable for three years and our best days are ahead of us.
Complete this phrase: Valentine’s Day is for _______________.
…flower shops to make money.