Next Friday (October 17), Mike Shatzkin (Idea Logical), Michael Healy (BISG) and Andrew Savikas (O’Reilly Media) are presenting an overview of this project at Frankfurt Book fair. If you are attending the fair and are interested in our work, consider attending the panel, which will provide:
- a description of book publishing’s changing environment;
- ways that XML workflows can help publishers meet the demands of this changing environment;
- an update on the project, its surveys and interviews and related research now under way;
- background on how this project “fits” with BISG’s long-standing commitment to the development and promulgation of meaningful standards; and
- first-hand experience from a publisher whose use of XML is established and evolving.
The presentations and discussion will take place at noon on October 17 in Brillianz Room, Halle 4.2.